Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Journal Entry: August 26, 2009

Yesterday we had an appointment to go out to a Wells Fargo office on Northwest Expressway and MacArthur to talk about refinancing a couple of our loans that are in a bad way. We'd arranged that appointment last week sometime, when the loan agent cold-called me, and then she called back yesterday morning confirm.

The appointment was for 5:30, so I left work at 4:30, drove half an hour home, picked up T-- and AB, drove half an hour out to the Wells Fargo office, and learned that when she'd run the numbers on the loan (presumably right after our phone call last week), she'd found that we weren't really qualified for anything that would be useful for us. So, in other words, we'd wasted our time. She tried to sell us a new credit card, we said no, and drove half an hour home.

So my evening started at 6:00. I did get a free can of Diet Dr Pepper out of it, though.

We had leftovers for dinner, and I began the process of surrendering my life back to the monster that is World of Warcraft (which is to say, I started copying 12 gigs of data to my new laptop). Then while that ran, I played with AB and read her a couple books.

After she went to bed, we watched Lie to Me. Then we went to bed. It wasn't much of a night. I had fun playing with AB, though.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

I'm glad I never got involved in Warcraft. I would be such an addict. ;o)