Friday, August 21, 2009

Journal Entry: August 21, 2009

Yesterday after work I headed over to the hospital where Toby and Gwyn are staying so T-- and I could see the new baby. There's a new baby! With much tininess! T-- held him, and we talked with Gwyn for a while, but I spent most of my time keeping AB occupied so the girls could talk without too much interruption.

Toby was at home handling emergencies. If he'd been around, I probably wouldn't have been quite so helpful.

Afterward T-- asked if we could go somewhere for Mexican food, and I recommended we hit the new place on Lake Hefner, where Bahama Breeze used to be. Mama Roja.

It is phenomenal.

Probably my new favorite Mexican place. It's not cheap, but the prices are reasonable (ten to twelve bucks for a dinner platter), and the food is amazing. Their salsa is top notch, too, which is probably my highest priority. They provide both a Mexican-style salsa and a Tex-Mex-style salsa as part of the default set-up, and both of them are good. Go there.

After dinner T-- headed to Wal-Mart to do some shopping, so I took AB home. She watched some silly videos on T--'s laptop while I played Magic on the XBox, and we kept that up pretty much until bedtime. Then I took the XBox back into the office to play some more while T-- took care of some stuff on the computer, and then we went back to the living room to watch an episode of Lie to Me.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: