Thursday, August 13, 2009

Journal Entry: August 13, 2009

I've had a Draft email with no recipient sitting in my GMail inbox for a week now. It goes as follows:
Well, to be fair, I did solve all crime, most hunger, energy dependence on fossil fuels, voter apathy, predatory lending, and unemployment BEFORE I started working on skanky sluts.
That was never actually meant to be an email. It was a reply I had ready for a conversation thread I started on Facebook when I posted the status update "Aaron Pogue is considering the real-world consequences of on-demand real-time modeling of the statistical distribution of sexually adventuresome barflies across a city's club district. Y'know, for my books."

It only occurred to me after I'd posted that that I have a bunch of church friends and dear old grannies who follow me on Facebook. So I did what I could to explain what I was getting at, and came up with a clever defense in case somebody challenged me for thinking about such things at all. But nobody did. So I'm manufacturing a setting in which I can share it with you guys.

Anyway, I had a ridiculously and unpleasantly busy day at work yesterday, and so I owe two days worth of diary. Tuesday night D-- came over to hang out, and T-- picked up McDonalds for us for dinner. Then we left AB playing under D--'s watchful eye while T-- and I went out to the garage to start prepping for the garage sale. We boxed up some stuff, moved some stuff around, and then I brought three old, haphazard socket sets into the living room and spent an hour sorting them out so we can sell down to just one.

After that I gave up on being useful for the night and went to the office to play Fallout until my bedtime. Then I loaded up a new Magic: The Gathering game I'd gotten through XBox Live Arcade, just to play for a couple minutes, and ended up playing that until midnight. Ugh.

Then I had to go to work yesterday, and it was awful.

Afterward, D-- rode with us to dinner at Moe's where we met K-- and N--. It was a little chaotic with all of us squeezing around a booth meant for four, but fun! And of course the food was delicious. Then afterward K-- and N-- headed home and we went to grab snow cones before heading to Office Depot, then Hobby Lobby, then a different Office Depot in search of supplies for a project T-- is working on. I spent most of that time trying out a Civilization game on D--'s iPhone, so I had a good time. AB was pretty sick of her car seat by the time we got back to the house, though.

Then we watched some Conan and a little Psych before I headed back to the office to play some more Fallout while T-- did some work on her laptop.

Oh, and then just before I woke up this morning I had an exceedingly odd dream which could best be titled "Drunk-driving Miss Daisy."

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

I considered finding that status update and leaving a comment to the effect that you should be writing something for the good little kids instead of pondering the skanky sluts, but I restrained myself.