Thursday, October 2, 2008

Journal Entry: October 2, 2008

Yesterday was the last day of our Intro class, so we got out a little early. I went back to the hotel, spent 40 minutes in the gym (where I worked biceps and added a minute to my running time), and then stayed in my hotel room for the whole night. I had leftover pizza for dinner (still not stunning, but already paid for), watched some King of the Hill and A Knight's Tale (twice in a row, because that's how TNT rolls), and tried to play some single player Civ.

It was supposed to be multiplayer, but D-- recently rebuilt his computer and forgot to reinstall, so it was just me. Not so much fun (and, by extension, it only killed an hour), so I switched back to Spore and, as I said, sat through two airings of the same movie.

I brought a lot of work to do while I'm here -- some business, some personal -- and I'm doing the business part as soon as I get done with class every day, incorporating what I learned into the project I'm doing on deadline. As soon as I finish that, though, I veg for the rest of the night. I have no motivation at all to do anything useful with my evenings (apart from the gym, and that's a horrific battle in my mind every time I make myself go). It's a shame, because I have more time available to be productive than I could normally find in a month, but I'm just not doing anything.

And that's that. I did talk with T-- and D-- last night, and on Tuesday I talked with B-- for ten minutes or so, too. Anyway, it's weird living alone out of a hotel room for a week at a time. I've tried my hardest to arrange a Friday flight out (and tried to get to Wichita, to save me a drive), but it's just not an option. Bah.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: