Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Journal Entry: October 15, 2008

So, we have the Pogue Family Writer's Conference this weekend, and as part of the project, everyone submitted a manuscript that everyone else is supposed to read (before the conference) and critique on Saturday morning.

I think we all feel pretty far behind on the reading part. I read all three books earlier this year, as part of a markup, but I haven't read the rewrites, so I feel like I should go back through them. I also just realized last weekend that the book I submitted is one I haven't looked at in over a year, so it's one I really need to reread in order to get much value out of the feedback I'll be getting. So my week is pretty much booked solid, as far as personal time goes.

In spite of that, when I got home from work yesterday I took a nap. I haven't been feeling well lately. I don't know if it's something physical or psychological, but either way it's got me down. I woke up about 6:30, had dinner with T--, and then watched AB while T-- went to the grocery store. Afterward, we put AB to bed and then I locked myself in my office to spend the rest of the night reading Dad's book.

I didn't finish it, which puts me in a pretty tight spot for the rest of the night. Tonight T-- will be taking AB to church, and tomorrow night they're going to a church picnic, and I plan to skip both so that'll give me a little extra reading time. I'm not totally confident it'll be enough, though.

Anyway, that was my evening, and probably will be going forward.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: