Friday, August 22, 2008

Journal Entry: August 22, 2008

Last night was a bit of a strange one.

Yesterday, during the day, we cooked up a plan for a Pogue Family Writer's Convention, which will be taking place in Branson in October. So, first thing after I got home, I got to explain to T-- that I was going off to Missouri for a weekend and she wasn't invited. Fun.

Then I spent half an hour or so playing with AB, before T-- took her along and went to the monthly church picnic. As I really hate having anxiety attacks on schoolnights, I elected to skip it.

I tried to get in touch with D--, and it turned out he did get in at a reasonable hour, but he already had dinner plans. I tried contacting B--, since I knew he was stuck at home with a baby and might want some company, but I got no answer and he never called me back. So, when I finally gave up on all of them, I went out to get myself a sandwich around 7:30. I went to Subway first, but they proved incompetent, so after a ten minute wait (behind one other customer), and no sign they'd be getting to me anytime soon, I walked out and went to Jersey Mike's. Their club is awesome.

Around the time I finished eating, T-- got home with the baby, and we said goodnight to her, then T-- watched me play a demo I'd downloaded of a new game called Too Human. I read good reviews of it earlier in the week and passed those along to K-- and D-- in the hopes of getting some multiplayer going. Anyway, it seemed prudent to check out the demo before dropping $50 for it, so I did, and I absolutely enjoyed it. It's easily a game that can keep me interested until Spore comes out.

In other news, I got my report back from the doctor for my blood work last week, and I get to cut down on fats and sugars in my diet, and come back in three months for another test. Yay! Also, I got a raise at work, in addition to the cost-of-living increase, so that's welcome news.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: