Friday, May 1, 2009

Journal Entry: May 1, 2009

Tuesday T-- made enchiladas, D-- came over for dinner, and we watched TV while I played Demigod. The end.

Wednesday, D-- came over right after work to babysit AB for the evening so T-- and I could go out on a date. We've started something of a ritual of going out to dinner whenever I finish a novel (and she finishes reading it), so she can give me her full feedback and I can ask any pressing questions I have (such as, for instance, "Is it any good?"). That's always a lot of fun, and this week's was no exception. We went to Texas Roadhouse and talked about GT: Expectation.

Then after that we went to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art to check out the openings of a couple exhibits. One featured Oklahoma modernist architecture, and the other was a collection of original prints (woodcuts, lithographs, that style of thing) from nineteenth-century France. That was pretty cool.

We also wandered upstairs after checking out the exhibits to stroll through the permanent collection again, and ended up spending some time on a couple medieval maps from France and the Netherlands. Cool stuff.

We got home in time to watch Lost with D--. It was awesome. And then it was bedtime.

Yesterday T-- had to go work in Tulsa and I had to stay late at work, so we had a competition to see who could get home latest. I won. Or lost. Whatever. We had leftovers for dinner, watched some Thursday-night TV, and then I headed to the office to spend my writing time working on a programming project. It was fun.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: