Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Journal Entry: April 1, 2009

Yesterday at work I got started on my application to OU. I wrote several of my old professors requesting letters of reference (and already got two positive responses, which is enough for the actual requirements). I signed up to take the GRE next Monday, and prepared a 50-consecutive-page writing sample (I just went with the first four chapters of Gods Tomorrow), and updated my resume. All I've got left to do is prepare a letter of intent -- a 3-page essay describing my career goals and why I think OU should admit me to their program. I can handle that.

After work I had a pretty short evening. I got home while T-- and AB were out shopping, so I went straight to the office for a quick workout. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, and probably could have done 35 but I was still sore from Monday and didn't want to overdo it.

After that I grabbed a quick shower, and then we headed up to Schlotzky's to meet my little sister and her family for dinner. AB was incredibly excited to go play with Sophie and Lola -- and, yes, I misspelled Sophie there somehow (according to her mother), but I can't remember how she says it's supposed to go, so that'll have to do.

Anyway. I played the evil father and made AB sit in her chair until we were all done eating, then she got down and the three girls ran wild in the mostly-empty restaurant while we talked. We eventually got a little tired of that, so T-- invited them to come over to our place, and we let the girls run wild in AB's room while we talked.

They eventually headed out around 8, and then I did some chores in the kitchen while T-- gave AB a bath. After that, AB went to bed and T-- and I watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother. It was okay.

Then I headed to the office, and spent most of my writing time chatting with D--. I did put in some time on prewriting for a new novel I've been working on since Sunday morning. (I got the idea for it on the drive to church.) I threw together a Project Report over on my other page, in case you're curious. Should be fun to write, but it's appended to the end of a very long To Do list as far as my novels go, so don't hold your breath for an opportunity to read it.

I went to bed around 11, and woke up early feeling miserable. Remember how I didn't want to overdo it? Well I did. I still think I'm going to go workout when I get home this evening, but I'm sore all over. That's the penalty for going so long without doing anything at all, though. Ugh.

I did get some more writing done on my GT book over lunch, today. Chapter 6 is done, at 24,000 words. It turned out more dramatic than I'd expected, so that's cool.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: