Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Journal Entry

Ugh. I went to the gym to do an hour's cardio last night, and when I showed up K-- and N-- invited me to join them for a spinning class.

I'd never done one, but I'd heard they were tough. And that's certainly true. Within minutes it had my heart pounding and my legs exhausted, just like jogging did when I first started (and, really, even the elliptical back in January).

The problem for me, though, was that I haven't ridden a bicycle since I was seven years old. And, frankly, I don't have much in the way of an ass. Now I just have a big triangle-shaped bruise where my ass should be. The sort of extraordinarily painful bruise that hurts even when nothing is touching it, never mind when (just for instance) several hundred pounds are resting on top of it. What I'm getting at is that sitting down hurts, and sitting down is basically what I do. I can't even remember the last time I stood up....

So, yeah, my world is pain. Whatcha gonna do?

After the gym, K-- and N-- were nice enough to invite me over to their place for dinner, so I hung out with them for a couple hours while we watched TV and talked. That was fun. Afterward, I decided I didn't have the patience to wait until tomorrow (today) to rebuild my computer, so I met D-- at my place (it was already almost 10), and we worked on that until after midnight.

The good news is, I got it done, and my computer works much better now. I also got a couple glasses of good scotch out of the arrangement, because D-- was in a drinkin' mood. The bad news is, I slept way late and had to burn a couple hours of leave this morning.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Imagine what effect the full 45 minutes had... Kris, too.