Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Journal Entry

I didn't mention it in my weekend summary, hoping it would quickly pass and be not worth remembering, but I got...sick, I guess, while I was in Tulsa. Sometime in the afternoon, I started feeling an awful pain in my belly, like someone had just punched me.

It didn't really feel food-related, if you follow me, but I couldn't guess what might be going on. It hurt, though. It would come and go, but every ten to fifteen minutes, I would just ache. That went on throughout the afternoon and evening, in spite of all the things I tried to fix it.

I was really hopeful that I'd wake up Monday morning and it would be gone. No such luck. I was in enough pain during the day yesterday that I left work early, got home around 4:00, and then slept until 7:30. When I woke up, it was still there, but not nearly as bad.

Same thing again this morning. Now it's just enough to keep me worried, but not enough to distract me from other projects. I probably should see a doctor about it, but I hate going to doctors. So I probably won't, dumb as that might be.

Anyway, I didn't make it to the gym last night, obviously. I really wanted to -- end of last week, I was finally seeing some progress -- but there was no way. When I woke up, I had a sandwich and watched last Thursday's NBC sitcoms with T--. That was pretty much my whole night. By the time we were done with that, I took care of the dishes, made up some protein shakes to drink at work today, and then went to bed.

But, like I said, I mostly feel better now. We'll see how the day goes.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: