Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Journal Entry

Yesterday I got home from work and learned AB had just gone down for a nap, so I needed to kill an hour before we went to the gym. I spent most of it talking to T--'s mom and then my dad, but I also wrote B-- an email that I may come to regret. I dunno.

After our workout, we stopped by my sister's place on the way home, because she had a present to give me. It was a silly little something -- the toddler toy out of a Taco Bell kid's meal -- but it was a special little bit of nostalgia, too. It was a kid's book with some silly little song that Shannon and I had both learned at Foyil Elementary School, and now I'll be able to teach it to AB. How fun.

After we got home, I spent most of the evening working on my game and watching TV with T--. I keep finding opportunities to fix things that have been irritating me, but that aren't on my To Do list. So my list of accomplishments gets longer and longer, but the completion of the project stays just as distant. I suppose that's normal in construction-style projects (as opposed to creative projects, where you start at the beginning and head straight for the end). Programming is tricky that way, blending the two styles in unexpected ways.

I got to bed early enough, and had a good night's sleep for the first time in a while.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: