Friday, September 26, 2008

Journal Entry: September 26, 2008

I don't know how we even got a loan on our house. I'm pretty sure it's FHA, but there were all kinds of things wrong with it.

One specific problem is exposed, unpainted wood around the frame of the garage door. That's bugged me ever since we moved in, but I never did anything about it. Now that the facing above the garage is all fresh-painted, though, it stands out even more.

So when I got home from work yesterday I took down the weather-stripping, scraped loose the old, gloppy, tearing caulk along the edges, and scraped and sanded all the old paint job to prep it for new paint.

I didn't actually do any painting, though, because I had to get cleaned up for dinner. D--'s mom came into town (they're heading to Texas for a family reunion over the weekend), so we all went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

Afterward, they came back to the house and she played with AB. I spent most of the evening running back and forth to the office, still setting up my newly rebuilt computer. Our guests left around 9:45, and T-- pointed out that we had a new My Name is Earl and a new Office to watch. I pointed out that, now that file server was back up, we had a lot of stuff to watch, but she wanted to watch the new stuff. We finished the Office opener, and then headed to bed around 10:30.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: