Thursday, September 18, 2008

Journal Entry: September 18, 2008

Wasn't I just sick? That's totally unfair!

Well, okay, no. I scrolled back through my Blog posts, and it was at the beginning of August. Still, it sucks. We went to dinner with D-- and K-- and N--, it being Wednesday, then D-- came over with Rock Band 2 and we made new characters and learned that, even without a bass drum, I can get through most of the starting songs with 3 or 4 stars just from hitting the pads. There's a few that just can't be beat, though.

Then D-- went home, and I mentioned to T-- that I might be a little feverish, but I wasn't too sure. Took about 20 minutes before I realized that, yes, I was definitely sick. Then I had the long, terrible night.

Back in August I had this to say:
"I couldn't sleep, though. I didn't sleep. My fever raged all night. I was burning up -- I felt like I was on fire -- and that was just constant.... But, on top of that, I would go through cold spells where I shivered as though I were having seizures, and that was even worse. So, during the night, I went through cycles. I would feel so hot that I threw off the covers and the blankets, and it would take 10 minutes or so until I started shivering. Then I'd pile the blankets back on and spend 10 minutes or so regaining my core temperature, until the shivering stopped. At that point I had about 10 minutes of rest before I got so hot I had to throw the blankets off again.

"I got up every two hours, through the night. Each time, I took whatever medication I could (as doses were constantly expiring). Finally, after I got up at 5:10, my fever must have broken because I went back to bed, piled on the covers, and before I stopped shivering I fell asleep and didn't get up until 1:00."

So it was pretty much that last night, although the shivers weren't quite as bad, and unlike last time, I wasn't feeling queasy. That's a big improvement right there, but still, I'm getting sick, and I don't like it. Also, unlike last time, I went ahead and got up at 7:00 and came to work, instead of sleeping until 1:00. I can't say with any confidence that I made the right choice.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: