Thursday, June 19, 2008

Journal Entry: June 19, 2008

We didn't really have a Wednesday night dinner last night -- at least, not one of the social ones I've talked about before here.

Instead, we went to a fundraising dinner at church, intended to raise some money for the missionaries. K-- and N-- went, too, but we showed up fifteen minutes before they did, and sat with several women I don't know at all (but, of course, who all know and love T-- and AB), so it was mostly a matter of trying to avoid being talked to.

That was stressful enough for me, and T-- attends a ladies-only class anyway, so after dinner I hitched a ride home with K-- and left T-- to attend classes and then meet me at home. I spent the hour or so playing AoC. When she got home, she mowed the lawn (so she wouldn't have to do it in the heat of the day today), and I played some more. Then we watched some TV, and went to bed. Altogether, it was a pretty quiet night.

I did get a call from B--, which is always delightful. I need to spend more time with him. But, then, I think that every time I spend any time with him.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: