Sunday, June 24, 2007

Journal Entry: June 24, 2007

Friday, June 22nd
Friday night, we didn't end up doing the Family Fun Night. It was rainy, and the event was an outdoor event. As far as I know they didn't cancel it, but I wouldn't have wanted to be there.

Instead, we went over to K-- and N--'s for the evening. We made mini-pizzas (which were delicious), and played some Guitar Hero, and talked a lot. S-- and J-- were there with their two kids, so it was a pretty wild night. Fun, though. Although, as far as Guitar Hero goes, I got a lot worse.

We went home about 10:30.

Saturday, June 23rd
We woke up around 6:30 in order to be on the road an hour later. T-- had two big events in Wichita yesterday: a baby shower at 11:00 and a wedding at 4:00. Also, we delivered one of our kittens to T--'s brother's family. The original plan was to drop it off on the way to her mom's house (thus the early start time) but her dad and I ended up taking it over there while T-- and her mom were at the shower.

I'd had some hopes of cranking out the last twenty or so pages of Sleeping Kings this weekend, since yesterday should've been a pretty empty day for me. I'm kinda popular with the Charboneau clan, though, so I didn't have quite the amount of free time I thought I would. So, all told, I got about a page and a half written.

After the wedding last night, we came back to T--'s parents' place and watched Zoom: Academy for Super Heroes or something to that effect. It was pretty much awful. Not awful in the way a kid's movie is awful, but awful in the way an awful movie is awful. Just plain awful. Don't watch it.

Then last night I had nightmares, for the first time in forever. The horror-movie type nightmares, not the how-am-I-going-to-get-the-taxes-paid kind. It was wild.

Right now, I'm just waiting for it to be time to head to church. With luck, I'll get another couple pages written while we're there. Afterwards, John's supposed to make us steaks. I don't figure we'll head home until late afternoon.

No comments: