Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Journal Entry: September 8, 2009

Friday
In my blog post last Friday I went into great detail concerning a slow-build head cold I'd spent a week developing, but then never really talked about it. I talked about how I confused it with social anxiety for a couple days, but never said how I knew that was a misdiagnosis.

I knew by Thursday, though. It hit me hard on Thursday, and then kept me home from work on Friday. I went in in the morning to pick up my school laptop that I'd left behind on Thursday, and then went back in for a short teleconference in the afternoon, but apart from that I stayed home and convalesced.

Between medication and lots of rest, I felt up to going over to K-- and N--'s for dinner Friday night. We had hotdogs and watched the last preseason Cowboys game. It was entertaining, but mostly just left us wanting the regular season to start.

Saturday
Saturday morning I watched AB while T-- went shopping. Just before she got home, I got a phone call from a guy selling a $2,500 camera on eBay letting me know I'd won and asking me about shipping and payment arrangements.

This entire phone call came as a complete shock to me, of course, and I got to spend the rest of the morning dealing with eBay's fraud department and getting my account re-secured. Turns out somebody had figured out my login credentials and made purchases in excess of eleven thousand dollars. Luckily (hah!) the check card associated with the account was stolen when we were robbed last December, so it had been canceled and no money changed hands.

Then around eleven T-- went out again to go shopping with my little sister, and took AB with her that time, because I headed up to Vintage coffeehouse for some social writing with Courtney before T-- planned to be home. Between worry over the eBay thing and a growing fuzziness from my lingering cold, I didn't actually get any writing done. I chatted with Courtney and ate a remarkable turkey sandwich, and then begged off early and headed home.

I deteriorated from there, so when six o'clock rolled around and we were supposed to head out for some OU football at K-- and N--'s place, I decided I just couldn't handle it. I called and offered my apologies, and then went to my room and took a nap. T-- went over to hang out at my sister's place and scrapbook, and I eventually woke up to grab some dinner and play some WoW. From what I heard, it was probably a more pleasant experience than watching the game would have been.

Sunday
I wasn't up terribly late Saturday night, even with the mid-evening nap, but I still managed to sleep through church Sunday for no other reason than that I forgot to set an alarm on my clock. I was up and dressed when T-- got out of service, though, and we went to Taco Cabana with D-- and my sister's family for lunch. Then I took AB home for a nap and T-- went over to my sister's place for more scrapbooking and some maternity photos.

AB woke up a couple hours before T-- got home, but we entertained ourselves with books and puzzles and counting poker chips. Then I spent most of the evening worrying about my class on Tuesday and playing WoW.

T-- picked up some Chinese takeout for us for dinner, and after AB went to bed we spent a couple mostly-depressing hours watching Sunshine Cleaning. It's got a happy ending, but it takes a pretty miserable path to get there. It's like Uncorked for girls. Anyway, after that T-- headed to bed, but I stayed up and watched I Love You, Man to cleanse the palate.

Monday
Monday morning we woke up early for a date! D-- came over to watch AB, and T-- and I grabbed some breakfast at Sonic before heading up to the mall for All About Steve at 10:05. The movie was...fascinating. It was good. It was Joe Dirt for girls. We had fun.

Then we stopped by Sears on the way to the car, and ended up buying my birthday present from T-- a little bit early. She got me new shoes and a new watch (both badly needed), and I walked out of there looking dapper.

We picked up D-- and AB for lunch at Chilis, then T-- dropped D-- and me at Best Buy to pick up some XBox games on sale while she ran to my sister's place to drop off some stuff. Turned out there was no sale, though, so D-- and I ended up wandering the aisles aimlessly until T-- got back. It wasn't too long, though.

After that D-- went home, and AB went down for a nap. I settled in to play some WoW, and T-- took advantage of my babysitting to go do some grocery shopping. She got back just as AB woke up, and we all watched TV for a couple hours. AB watched Nick Jr. videos on T-- laptop, and T-- and I watched a homemade marathon of season 4 of Newsradio.

T-- heated up a frozen pizza for dinner, and other than that our evening looked exactly like our afternoon. At nine AB went to bed, and then I put away the computer and T-- and I watched a Leverage. As soon as that was done I headed to bed, sick with anxiety over class tomorrow.

Which is to say, today. I've over the cold, but not the anxiety. It shouldn't last much longer than five hours, though. So at least there's that.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

You said "dapper."

*snort*

I love it! ;oD


Captcha = mychunbr

?