Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Journal Entry: September 16, 2009

I tipped my hand a little bit, with yesterday's blog posts, but I wanted to get the information out. But, yeah, I had a late start on the day, came to work for a few hours, then headed to OC to teach my class. I decided to skip lunch (because I never have any appetite for hours leading up to my class), but then I got to Edmond too early so I stopped at Taco Bell for a quesadilla. How offensive could a quesadilla be?

I never got to find out. The kind folks at Taco Bell resolved my excess time problem by backing up the drive-through line long enough that I eventually bailed and headed to school, entirely unfooded.

Then, as I said yesterday, class went really well. My activity was awesome, and the students expressed that. Yay.

And after class, for the first time, I actually returned to work. I did debate whether I was actually up to it because even after a successful class I still have to deal with the physiological crash that follows any high stress episode. But, y'know, after both of my last two classes (which both left me crashing hard), T-- had me babysit AB while she went grocery shopping. And I survived that somehow. Going back to work, by comparison, was restful.

So I put in a few more hours, got home around six, and T-- made us street tacos using some of the brisket. They were incredible. Such a good dinner. I want more.

Then after that I got my laptop, sat on the couch, and played WoW. It was a good night.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: