Friday, February 6, 2009

Journal Entry: February 6, 2009

Yesterday after work I figured out how to install the cabinet doors on our new island. It's the most bizarre and, at the same time, coolest latching mechanism for a cabinet door hinge I've ever seen. (And, yes, you would be right to assume that's a fairly small set).

The kitchen looks finished now. There's still some stuff we plan to do, but it no longer looks like a construction site. That's easier on the psyche, because I don't walk in the door and think of all the stuff that still needs to get done anymore. Maybe T-- does, since the kitchen is a bigger part of her daily life, but for me it was just about getting the ugly hidden under a sheet of plywood and a couple coats of paint.

I made up some salsa (by which I mean poured a jar of Pace picante sauce into a blender and pressed the "Mix" button for about twenty seconds), and T-- made quesadillas for dinner. D-- came over, too. We watched Lost, and then D-- went home to raid and T-- and I watched 30 Rock, The Office, and My Name is Earl.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: