Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Journal Entry: January 14, 2009

Let's see...what did I miss?

Friday night of last week we were invited to B-- and E--'s place for dinner and a movie, with commentary. T-- and AB and I went, as well as D-- and K-- and N--. We had barbecue and chips and dip, and watched Star Wars Episode 3 with the Rifftrax audio from the guys who did MST3K. After that, T-- took AB home, but I hung around to watch Top Gun get made fun of. It was awesome.

Saturday morning T-- and I went to the gym, and then I spent the rest of the day playing WoW.

Sunday morning T-- and I went to church, and then I spent the rest of the day playing WoW.

Oh! I also received my new Windows Media Center Extender Remote from NewEgg, which is an IR remote plus a receiver that plugs into the computer through USB. All I really wanted was the receiver. I spent much of the last five days in frustration, trying to figure out how to make the computer respond to keypresses, and finally figured it out last night. I got home from work, took a short nap, and then basically spent the rest of the night setting up the remote. It was irritating, but now it's awesome.

Oddly enough, the software that was crucial to making it work is the same program I aggressively learned a couple months ago to let me run multiple instances of WoW at once (namely, AutoHotKey). If I hadn't done that, I still wouldn't have a clue how to get Windows to recognize and respond to the IR signals.

So that's awesome.

I skipped Monday night, but and you'd be safe guessing it mostly consisted of me playing WoW, but I actually had a brief business meeting right after work (with D-- and a coworker at The Dugout, discussing a programming project), and then spent an hour playing Rock Band with T-- and AB. Then I spent the rest of the evening playing WoW.

Other than that, it's just things and stuff.

No comments: