Friday, April 18, 2008

Journal Entry

I took a nap when I got home from work yesterday, and didn't wake up after the half hour I'd allotted myself. By the time I got up, we were running out of daycare time at the gym. Ugh.

Still, we were both able to finish our strength training, and then I did a fifteen minute sprint on the elliptical which is the hardest cardio workout I've done so far. It felt good to be able to accomplish it, though.

Afterward, we gave N-- a ride home (K-- had dropped her off then headed to my sister's place to help install a new TV), and then picked up Taco Bell on the way home. It's frustrating to go to the gym, get disappointed by the weight on the scale, work really hard, and then pick up junk food for dinner. On the other hand, that late in the day and as exhausted as I am after a workout, I never feel like doing anything other than just grabbing fast food. I'll have to get over that, I know, but it's tough.

Anyway, we watched all the Thursday night sitcoms on NBC and I finished Little Myth Marker, which is probably my favorite book in the series. Then I discovered I don't actuall have the next two books in the series, so I'm switching over to another of his books while I try to dig those up.

I've got a scheduled lunch with D-- today, but no real plans for the evening. K-- and N-- are going to a baseball game. I keep forgetting that and coming up with things to do with them, and then remembering and feeling stupid. It's pretty pathetic.

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday, but I've got at least one Tulsa trip in store for the weekend, so I'm not super looking forward to it. Sleeping past six for a couple days will be nice, though.

No comments: