Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Journal Entry

Last night I went back to the gym. As I mentioned, I've been going regularly three times a week since January, and I've seen a lot of strength and endurance improvement, but not a lot of weight loss.

When I started in January I had a goal for June that wasn't terribly aggressive, but at this point I'm nowhere close to making it. So I'm thinknig I'll switch to five days a week, and see if that helps any. I'll devote the extra two days to cardio.

When the weather improves (and if I feel like I'm getting enough benefit from it) I'll probably just jog the neighborhood for those two days, more often than not. For now, though, I'm going to stick with the gym. Adding Tuesday nad Sunday to my other three.

Anyway, I got home at five and the gym took two hours (with drive time). I dropped by B-- and E--'s to pick up some tools I'd lent them, that I'm going to need for my plumbing project tonight. Then I got home around 7:30 and T-- had dinner waiting for me.

We watched the finale of Biggest Loser and she watched a Law and Order while I read. I finished another of the Myth books last night, and another one over lunch today. They're short books.

I forgot my laptop when I came to work today, and it's a thirty-minute drive, easy, so I'm just getting by without it. I have a desktop that is still "officially" my work computer, so I can still get some stuff done, but it's really thrown me off, having to work on it.

I'm not sure how tonight will go. I'm just changing out a leaky faucet (with valve stem replacement), but I've had enough bad experiences with plumbing I expect there to be major problems. I don't know what they'll be yet, but that just adds to the excitement.

Ugh. If I can get it done, though, that'll be a major improvement that's been in need for a really long time. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

No comments: