Monday, December 1, 2008

National Novel Writing Month 2008

I finished Gods Tomorrow last Wednesday afternoon. It came in at 60,080 words, or about 240 pages.

I've done a read-through, and T-- and Toby have both read it as I was writing it, and it seems to be good. I've got some little changes to make in the first rewrite (and a couple big changes, in the last chapter), and I hope to get that done this week.

All in all, though, I'm excited about how it went. Early October, I wasn't at all sure I would even participate this year, and then this book just came together. It was a new idea for me, with a brand new setting and a mix of genres I'd never written for before. I'm amazed it came out as well as it did.

Thanks for all the support, from everyone, as I worked on it. Particularly, thanks for letting me talk about it all month.

If you're interested in reading it, drop me an email. I'll be glad to hook you up.

I also intend to resume regular journal entries as soon as possible.

No comments: