Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Journal Entry

Ugh, I hate these long catch-up posts as much as you do, but part of my goal with the diary-style blog is to be able to look back a year in my life to see what was making daily news for me, and it helps with that for me to put in everything. I don't remember much terribly exciting apart from football games, though, so maybe this will be a short one.

Wednesday, October 10th
Oh, see, look how wrong I was! Oh, wait, never mind. But, yeah, something extraordinarily exciting happened last Wednesday, but I'm not going to tell the internet about it. Sorry, internet.

We skipped church for it, though, and ended up at the hospital, and it was awesome, so you can probably draw inferences. Congrats, guys.

Thursday, October 11th
Thursday, I took off work early because I was just ready to be gone. I had Friday off as an RDO, so I decided to get my weekend started at 2:30 instead of 4:30. Definitely a good call. I spent some time playing with T-- and the baby, then played on my computer some, and ended up making us some chili for supper. It was fantastic.

Then I suggested that we watch one of the Thursday night sit-coms, and save the rest for Friday (I had the whole day off, right?), but we ended up watching all three. It was a lot of fun, for a quiet evening.

Friday, October 12th
Friday really flew by. I slept late, I mowed, I went grocery shopping with T--, and...I dunno, one more thing useful. Oh! I helped her with a lot of preparation for her scrapping thing on Saturday. Apart from that, though, I spent most of the day playing Heroes. It was fun.

Saturday, October 13th
T-- had a scrapping thing with Rebecca down in Norman from 9-3 on Saturday, and I'd agreed to watch AB so she could do that. As I always do when I'm watching the baby, I sent out a rather general request for help, and D-- brought over his XBox and some breakfast at 9:30, and stayed around to help with the baby. While she was napping, we played Halo 3.

I'd invited K-- and N--, too, but K-- was stuck at work all weekend, out of town, and N-- had no vehicle because they'd had to drop her car off at the shop for some maintenance. So, noon-ish, D-- stayed with AB and I ran N-- up to the shop to pick up her car, then she came over and hung out, too. D-- got us all some lunch, and we watched the pilot of Chuck and a little bit of King Kong on his new HD-DVD player. King Kong was unimpressive, but the D was definitely H.

J-- called a couple times inviting me to go to the OU game with him, but I just couldn't figure out a way to make it work out timing-wise. T-- had a good suggestion when I mentioned it to her, but by then it was probably too late. It's a shame, though. The game was awesome.

Anyway, we went over to N--'s place to watch the OU game, and it was kinda sad that K-- couldn't be there. Working weekends sucks. The game was awesome, though. Fun stuff. T-- left partway through, to put AB in bed, and after the game D-- asked if I could go to the blues bar downtown with him. We did that, and it was a pretty good time. I got in late, though.

Sunday, October 14th
Sunday...ugh. It was second Sunday, so we had a pot luck fellowship lunch at church. D-- came with us, which was pretty cool, and I actually managed to find a full plate of good food that met my ridiculous demands, so that was a pleasant surprise. After lunch, N-- went to a parade downtown and we were planning on going, too, but T-- started feeling pretty bad (allergies), so we went home instead and she and AB took a nap.

D-- and I watched some TV, and when T-- woke up, we watched V for Vendetta on the HD-DVD player. Awesome, awesome. So awesome. I'd go so far as to call it boss.

All of this was while waiting to watch the Cowboys game. Ugh. It started at 3:15, but around 2:00 we started hearing rumors that K-- might be back in town 5-ish, so we all decided to wait to watch the game with him. Ugh. That game....

Anyway, so, we watched the movie and just sort of burned the afternoon, then met D--'s mom for dinner at Abuelo's (so good), and then D-- and I went over to K-- and N--'s place to watch the game.

Ugh. Y'know, it's not like college where, when OU lost a few weeks ago, it seemed like that had put them out for the season. An undefeated season in the NFL has only happened once, and I wasn't particularly expecting us to get one, but it was fun having that streak while we did. It's just...argh, I hate the Patriots so damn much. Why'd we have to lose to them (and let them keep their streak going)? Bah. Ugh. I went home with a bad mood.

Monday, October 15th
Yesterday...I dunno, I had a good day. Work went well, in some indefinable way. Afteward, T-- and I worked on our homework for our marriage seminar, and that was pretty unpleasant, but I think it was ultimately very productive. After that, we watched Heroes, and that was my night.

No comments: