Monday, August 20, 2007

Journal Entry

Is it really only Monday? Ugh. I've got get that best-seller sold.

Today went pretty well. I think I'm finally feeling better. I did have a sore back from scooping water yesterday, and we had several awful things come up at work, but they were just things, y'know? I got two pages written on "Royal Holiday" (that one's turning into a novella), and I read some Calvin and Hobbes, and by the time I got home I was able to forget work, so those are all good things.

T-- made chicken parmesan and spaghetti for dinner, which was delicious, and we played with AB some, and I played some Civ and put the door back up over the cabinet under the kitchen sink, and then we both read while eating ice cream, and then I headed over to D--'s for our walk.

Only, he didn't really feel like walking after going to the gym tonight, and it was muggy enough that I was easily convinced to skip most of my walk (I still had half a mile walk there and back again), and instead I watched him play Civ for half an hour. That was fun. He started a war and lost it, and his economy went to pot. Poor guy. "That's what you get for trying to play Civilization as the Native Americans," I told him (only with more racial slurs, probably). And then I went home.

An odd sort of day. I didn't really accomplish anything. But I'm feeling better, so that's got to be a good thing.

Off to bed.

No comments: