Thursday, January 5, 2006

No, There Is Too Much. Let Me Sum Up.

Okay, Cindy (Julie's sister, for those who haven't been paying attention) mentioned not knowing my position on politics, and I was thinking about ways to answer her, and I was just working with Trish last week on the old tried and true 5-Paragraph Essay, and I ran into a confluence of ideas.

My ideas on God, Government, and Greatness all call for extensive supporting ideas, and many of them lean on each other, and they pretty much all draw from my Pragmatic Neo-Platonist Absolute Social Constructionist version of Postmodernism. So, because of all those thing, instead of writing a post on day one explaining what I believe about, say, the Church, I've spent months making posts on minor points.

Which, I still think, was a good idea. But I should, somewhere, mention what I'm trying to get at.

So I'm going to take a stab at writing three 5-Paragraph Essays, little thesis papers trying to contain the main argument on each of my three Gs. So that's why those will be up, and the context in which you should judge and ridicule them. Enjoy, or ignore. Your choice, as always.

No comments: