Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Worldmaking

On the drive in to work this morning, the fog was incredible. Glancing out the window, even now, it still is.

Actually, while I was on the highway, I was thinking, "This fog isn't that impressive. It couldn't even cause an accident at 75 mph." Well, actually I thought, "at seventy-five miles per hour," because that's me.

But once I got off the highway, and down onto the streets, it was incredible. Maybe forty feet of visibility, probably closer to twenty. After that, a blank wall of white.

Driving through it, it felt like I was building a world around me as I went, forging a path through nothing, forcing memory and imagination into the shape of reality.

Too bad all that exercise led me back to work, but it was worth it for the drive. Beautiful.

No comments: